[time-nuts] Need to measure frequencies of two sources simultaneously

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Wed Oct 23 00:19:57 EDT 2013

We have two sources and we want to be able to measure their
frequencies at the same time.  We want to get a time record
of frequency each second.  Apparently, what is meant
by a "two channel" frequency counter is that you get the
frequency of either channel A or channel B but not both
at once.  Some can also measure the ratio of A to B, but
that doesn't work for us.

We seem to be left with using a separate counter for each
source and doing data logging with time stamping.  We can then
reconstruct the two frequency records after the fact in a spread sheet.
There is the problem of synchronizing the time stamping
clocks in the two counters.

Can anyone on the list point me to a true two channel
counter that would just measure the two sources?  We are
working around 200 MHz, but could possibly prescale.

Thanks

Rick Karlquist N6RK