[time-nuts] Time stamping with a PICPET

Neville Michie namichie at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 00:46:27 EDT 2013

Hi,
I have some PICPETs made by TVB.
They take a 10MHz clock, and on receiving a pulse trigger, they send out a 19200 Baud
RS232 time stamp word.
My query is can they be fed straight into a serial port?
What about logic levels?
Would a serial/USB converter get them into a laptop?
What applications are available to receive the data and make an ASCII file that can be read by a spreadsheet
or other data reduction program.
There used to be all sorts of Monitor programs for PCs but I can not see any on recent machines.
I want to log one second signals from a pendulum to analyse its precision. The device looks ideal for this task.
thanks,
Neville Michie