[time-nuts] GPSDO choices

John C. Westmoreland, P.E. john at westmorelandengineering.com
Wed Oct 30 21:30:04 EDT 2013

Dave,

I have an LC_XO and a GPSDO, both from Jackson Labs.  There are more than
just a few of us also that are a part of the OpenHPSDR effort that have
evaluated the units (GPSDO) for over 1 year now (I have a project that is a
bit overdue...but that is another story...)

But, I haven't seen one single negative comment from anyone regarding these
units.  For the money - it is a good/great deal.  I just bread-boarded the
LC_XO I have for a test and it worked fine.  I have one of those connector
kits from Samtec and one of those breakout kits from FTDI, plus power
supply - and that was it to get a nice evaluation going.  I am working on a
PCB this unit fits into - it is near completion - but that is for the HPSDR
project.  It will run standalone and on batteries.  But, the board is
'feature-rich' and goes beyond just something to have the LC_XO on.

73's,
John
AJ6BC