[time-nuts] Coarse adjustment of PRS-10 with 5335A

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Mon Sep 2 09:09:54 EDT 2013

Hi

You probably are better off simply taking all the samples into your "smarts" and handling things there rather than having the 5335 do it for you. Since you are simply looking at data once a second (delta T between two 1 pps signals) it's not a compute intensive setup.

If you are trying to measure frequency with the 5335 rather than pps signals, you have some other problems to deal with. The data rate is still very slow. Even with this setup I would not play with the 5335 internal math, other than to subtract the nominal frequency. The sole advantage there is having data that's easier on the eyes.

Bob