[time-nuts] New NTBW50AA

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sun Sep 8 16:01:48 EDT 2013

Hi

Before you run into it:

1) Normally the "oscillator tune" function in LH does not work correctly on that unit. Either the firmware does not allow filter updates (likely) or they use a different syntax than the one used by LH.

2) Best performance will come from a > 48 hour survey. LH is quite happy to do this for you. It's only worth doing after you decide on a permanent antenna location.

3) These modules normally operated with some moving air. At the very least, don't block up all the vents and stack a bunch of stuff above and below them. The main thing to watch out for is the temperature of the DC-DC converter brick. A touch test is perfectly adequate to tell you if it's getting hot.

Bob