[time-nuts] New NTBW50AA

quartz55 quartz55 at hughes.net
Sun Sep 8 21:43:02 EDT 2013

Thanks guys.  That's all useful information, I think.  I'm still trying to understand the lingo.  The temp trace is still whacking down, but not as much as before.  I guess it's way to early to start complaining about this unit.  The 10000 tau is now at 6.4e-12  it seems to be going back up.  I was sort of hoping for around 1e-12, but still 6.4 is 6.4 Hz out of 1,000,000 MHz if I'm doing my decimals right.  And that's plenty good for me, it's still orders of magnitude under the mHz range at even UHF.  The green trace, DAC is still drifting down, but nothing on the unit has changed, the yellow LED remains on as well as the green lock LED.  The switching supply is slightly warm, but cooler than the OCXO by feel.  I can't imagine either one of them is over 90F.  I could put the Fluke thermister on them if it's of any interest.  I've got the cover off of it for now.  The cover will go back on, but the unit will be in a well ventilated space and the temp is pretty constant in this room.

I've got a pipe right above the radio room for a UHF/VHF vertical and I'm going to try mounting a bracket off that to put the antenna on tomorrow.  It'll be out of sight there from the deck but still a bit under the oaks.  Should I do the E command and save the config before I turn things off and then do a detailed survey at the new position or just do a new survey when I start up again?

My Nortel unit has only the even seconds output.  As far as I know I don't have any use for the seconds output, I'm just looking for a good 10MHz ref.

Is there any use to look at the Tboltmon.exe or is that a waste of time?

Dave
N3DT