[time-nuts] Datum TymServe 2100

Michael A. Waldron lists at mikew.org
Sun Sep 8 22:50:42 EDT 2013

Good Evening!

I'm fairly excited about a recent purchase of a Datum TymServe 2100 with Rubidium oscillator.

I'm curious if someone could direct me towards an archive or website about these units.

I have located the Symmetricom manual, as well as several firmware versions (2.80, 2.84, 3.1, 4.1) from both before and after Datum's acquisition. I'm curious what the best firmware to load would be as it appears that Symmetricom made some hardware changes to the 2100 after their purchase. For instance mine has a AUI port in addition to the 10BaseT and some alarm screw terminals on the rear that the Symmetricom branded models do not appear to have.

It's my intent to use this both for it's NTP server capabilities as well as it's 10MHz output as a master oscillator for my amateur equipment.

I'd appreciate any pointers into the right direction.

Thanks!

-Mike AE0MW

--
Michael A. Waldron, AE0MW