[time-nuts] TBolt temperature sensor

quartz55 quartz55 at hughes.net
Fri Sep 13 23:54:34 EDT 2013

I've been observing my Temp trace for a week or so now.  Seems like my sensor, if I let the unit cool off to room temp, starts at a real temp say 25, then ramps up to about 37 or so degrees and then goes into this mode where it switches between 2 one degree levels, 35.7 and 36.7.  There is also some measurement changes when it transitions between 36.7 and 35.7 and the other way too.  Plus if I put a fan on the unit, the sensor responds and the reported temp drops like one would expect and below the 35.7 level.  I'm not understanding the issue about 'bad' sensors, or the discussion about small incremental changes.  Mine seems to respond fine between the 2 temps that it seems to ramp between once it's running.  For example, when it cooled off today, I opened the windows and the reported temp dropped to 35.7.  Then when it warmed up, it went back up to 36.7.  I just don't understand why it doesn't seem to report temps outside the 35.7-36.7 range unless it gets way out of that range. Anyhow, I've ordered the earlier chip to see if it helps, but seems like some say, it won't matter as long as I use the thing when it's locked.  It just bothers me when things don't work right.

Dave
N3DT