[time-nuts] Req: Decent GPS AntennaActive/Passive Recommendation

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Sep 16 01:24:37 EDT 2013

From: Bob Camp

Hi

All of the ones I've opened up or seen dis-assembled have had the ceramic
plate antennas in them. That very much surprised me early on, since I
*assumed* they had something fancy inside based on their shape.

No argument about the filtering, I'm not sure if the temp-co of filter delay
on an exposed antenna makes it a plus or a minus….

Bob

.. and would the true time-nut add the delay through the filter to the delay
in the feeder co-ax?  I suppose that means you could only buy an antenna
with a stated, calibrated delay?  Limits the choice, a little!

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk