[time-nuts] DIY Choke Ring Antennas?

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Mon Sep 16 21:51:33 EDT 2013

With all the talk about choke rings, and having spent all my pennies elsewhere, I looked around to see if there were any do-it-yourself versions.  I found this one: "http://www.mauve.gr/var/DIY_Choke_Ring_GPS_Antenna.htm".  Is it worth the effort, other than as an experiment?  Are there any other homebrew versions out there that anyone has tried?  Granted, I have no real complaints about the amplified patch I have sitting on my HP stack which is right under a massive central air system, but it sounds like a project after my PLL is finished and my Rb standard is boxed up nicely.

Bob - AE6RV