[time-nuts] Decent GPS Antenna Active/PassiveRecommendation

Gerald Chafee gchafee at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 16:53:51 EDT 2013

Hi Dave,

Hopefully not too far off topic, just wanted to chime in here.

I have known the people at RDR Electronics (I live in NY and am not
affiliated with them) for over 15 years. I used to live in the Denver area
and got to know the original owners. They used to buy industrial aerospace
surplus cheap and turn it around quick.

They are like us in that they like to tinker around with equipment (many
times much more expensive than most of us could afford). They have respect
for us time nuts ;).

I have never known them to not stand by something they sold.

They do sell direct outside of auctions - just look them up online in the
Denver area. They are easy to talk to and nice people. If you are wondering
how many items they may have, ask them. They are not trying to hide
anything. They do need to turn a profit like any company.

I am ready to spend $1000 + on an item soon and I would not flinch at
giving it to them.

They do answer their emails and will listen to you if you are looking for a
special setup for a good price. They occasionally come across a one of a
kind oddball item and would sell direct rather than post on an auction.

My only concern I have ever heard was from outside the U.S.  They have
to turn stuff around fast and can't take on the risk of issues with
international shipments from what I have heard.

Sorry for what sounds like a commercial. I really have no current
connection, but wanted to let you know what you could expect.