[time-nuts] How To Measure Long Term Phase Stability Of An Oscillator

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Sep 22 13:01:46 EDT 2013

Jeff,

You need to measure phase with sufficient resolution and rate of time. I
was vague on the equipment side but rater noted what you needed to do in
the analysis-side.

I would prefer to measure it at least with 10 measurements a second. Bob
mentioned resolution, which is important as you don't want your
measurement being swamped by measurement noise.

I would use a TimePod, but not all of us have one, which is a pitty as
it is a good instrument suitable for exactly this.

Cheers,
Magnus