[time-nuts] Frequency of LC Tank.

J. Forster jfor at quikus.com
Fri Apr 11 18:41:15 EDT 2014

That's why you want to look for the phase of the tank impedance. The phase
goes through zero at resonance. It is far more precise. The steepness of
the phase v. frequency plot is steep w/ a high Q circuit...  flatter w/ a
low Q tank. Either way, it does go through zero at resonance.

The phase v. freq looks kinda like this:

Phase:
              /\
                 \/

                ^ resonance

The dither sweep, amplituse measurement, lock-in will tune the oscillator
to maximize the amplituse.

Either on should pretty much steer you to resonance.

-John