[time-nuts] I can't get a nice waveform from my rubidium !

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Thu Apr 17 04:06:34 EDT 2014

Hi Claude

I don't have any specific experience of this unit but suspect your  problem
may be down to impedance matching.

The manual for the Quartzlock A10-M specifies the output impedance as
being 50 ohms nominal and it would be reasonable to assume this is the  same.

Scope inputs and scope probes won't present such a low impedance so the use
 of a coaxial pass through 50 ohm termination would be my first suggestion,
if  you haven't got one to hand just try hanging a 50 ohm  resistor,
anywhere between 47 and 56 ohms say, across the output and  ground and monitoring
across that.

This is quite a common problem, especially on supposedly square wave
outputs, so chances are your unit is fine.

Regards

Nigel
GM8PZR

In a message dated 17/04/2014 08:17:12 GMT Daylight Time, labtf1 at yahoo.fr