[time-nuts] PI Math question

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 13:38:17 EDT 2014

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 1:14 AM, Ulrich Bangert <df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de>wrote:

> Warren,
>
> the job of a controller, regardless of P, PI od PID, is to minimize the
> error between a process value and its setpoint. Since I see no setpoint
> value in any of your versions my 50 ct is that none of them really
> incorporates a controller at all and that for this reason the question
> whether they produce the same output is close to being irrelevant.

I think you have the best response to this.  I was trying to guess what was
intended from what was written.  I guessed that maybe the"input" is really
process error?  And then what are those "#" operators?  I guess these are
alphabetic characters, not operators?

One good way to answer the OPs question is a simulation.  Put some random
numbers in and plot the result.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California