[time-nuts] Measuring the accurcy of a wrist watch

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 20:12:11 EDT 2014

Are watches damaged by magnets?  I hope not because magnets are common.
Yes a guitar does have some powerful Alnico magnets in the coil.

If this were a problem I think we would have heard about it.  My guess is
that watch parts are non-magnets brass and stainless and glass and so on.
 Not plain steel or iron.  But maybe there are cheap watches made with
stamped steel part?   I don't know.

In any case my experiment of placing the watch nest to the pickup caused no
damage.  Next time I get a chance I'll haul the guitar over to the HP
counter and see if I can't measure the watch tick period.

Something to consider is that most pickups are biased with a fairly strong

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California