[time-nuts] Measuring the accurcy of a wrist watch

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 11:43:53 EDT 2014

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 11:12 PM, Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net>wrote:

> Steel makes very good springs.  Are there any non-magnetic materials that
> are
> close?

I think they can use some kind of non-magnetic stainless steel

Also this might be a moot point because I got a good strong signal by
placing the watch on top of the guitar strings.  I did not have to restring
the guitar.   The wall clock works even some inches away.  You don't have
to get really close to the magnets.   If you were building a sensor, just
use a plain iron core and 1/4 pound of #40 wire

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California