[time-nuts] optically excite a quartz crystal?

Max Robinson max at maxsmusicplace.com
Sun Apr 20 20:47:59 EDT 2014

It seems that it would be relatively easy to apply an electric field to a
quartz plate without actually making physical contact.  However, Star Trek's
force field hasn't been invented yet so there must be some way to support
the plate.  If you could arrange to support it on the nodes you could excite
it with a non contact electric field and then read it out with a laser.

Regards.

Max.  K 4 O DS.

Email: max at maxsmusicplace.com

Transistor site http://www.funwithtransistors.net
Vacuum tube site: http://www.funwithtubes.net
Woodworking site
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/Woodworking/wwindex.html

To subscribe to the fun with transistors group send an email to.
funwithtransistors-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

funwithtubes-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

To subscribe to the fun with wood group send a blank email to
funwithwood-subscribe at yahoogroups.com