[time-nuts] Phase noise and geomagnetism

iovane at inwind.it iovane at inwind.it
Wed Apr 30 18:28:16 EDT 2014

Hi all,thanks for your replies.Geomagnetic storms are known to produce easily detectable effects at earth, sometimes dramatic ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_storm_of_1859 , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ukQhycKOFw ), sometimes serious (compasses get crazy), sometimes minor (only aurorae boreales and other minor effects). I think that time-nuts should be aware whether these fenomena might affect their measurements or not. Geomagnetic activity data are easily available at the NOAA website http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/ , so checks would be easy. I hope to see some reports here sooner or later.Antonio I8IOV