[time-nuts] Effects of noise on EFC line? - Resolved

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Aug 8 07:59:31 EDT 2014

Hi

The 10811 is very unusual in that the EFC is not bypassed. It’s still got a modulation bandwidth.  The important part is that the EFC has an inherent “lowpass" due to FM to PM conversion.

The EFC line on the 10811 should be bypassed to ground at the socket with at least a 1000 pf cap.  Yes that’s not in the little manual. It’s the only way to knock out all of the RF tune effect on the EFC line. Of course if you are driving it with an op-amp that will terminate.

Bob