[time-nuts] multipath on GPS

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Aug 9 11:21:21 EDT 2014

Hi

…. back to “that depends”….

When you have a sat at just the right point *and* you are tracking that sat *and* it’s a significant part of your solution - you get a multi path issue. Then the question becomes how good your particular receiver is at rejecting multi path.

You can indeed do a pretty good job reflecting GPS with a 1 meter square sheet. I ran the experiment with a 1/6 size sheet and 6X the frequency. You can get a good signal with the right geometry. No I don’t have any exact data. I ran it back in microwave lab back in school … hopefully the physics of microwave reflection hasn’t changed much in 40+ years.

Bob