[time-nuts] VLF Phase-tracking receivers.

Martin VE3OAT ve3oat at storm.ca
Sun Aug 10 15:24:16 EDT 2014

As I recall (it was a long time ago), it was called Minimum Shift
Keying and used the minimum frequency shift (FSK) that would permit
reliable detection of a bit (mark or space) at the given information
rate.  Something like 25 Hz shift at 50 baud keying.  But it was
necessary to control the instantaneous phase of the signal very
carefully.  As a result the spectrum of an MSK signal is quite
distinct from that of an ordinary FSK signal.  As I recall.

73,
... Martin    VE3OAT