[time-nuts] VLF Phase-tracking receivers.

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Sun Aug 10 22:30:57 EDT 2014

On 10 Aug 2014 at 19:00, Jim Lux wrote:

> It can also be FSK..
> but it's essentially the narrowest band simple modulation that is
> constant envelope.

As I said, back in the 1970s, the Navy installed special equipment to enable
phase-stable output.

Dunno the exact details, but that was what I was told back then...by the
Navy.

Still dunno if my Tacor 599s will even "listen" to VLF stations now, but I
intend to try them.

VLF has always interested me...

I have several operable VLF receivers: RAK, RBL, SRR-11, AN/URM-6,
NM-40A, R-389, etc.

RAK is interesting in that although a TRF, it still exhibits "single-signal" CW
reception: the "other side" of zero-beat simply doesn't exist. I was amazed...

Ken W7EKB