[time-nuts] Tektronix TM500 extender cable kit

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 12 00:14:26 EDT 2014

I got in my prototype extender cable boards from OSHPARK.COM today.   OSHPARK only builds boards in multiples of 3 and I only ordered three boards so could only build one cable. It seems to work very well.  I tested it with several different TM500 and TM5000 modules (using another set of cables I have with the dual and triple wide modules) and they all worked fine... including some real power hogs like a Ball Aerospace rubidium oscillator.

I have a bunch of circuit boards of a different design on the way from a new (for me) Chinese vendor.  If they look good I'll order a couple hundred of the extender boards (it takes two boards to make one cable).  I have also pimped out the original extender board silkscreen and added an LED to the +11.5V supply.