[time-nuts] Fwd: Re: Fwd: MH370 Doppler

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Aug 18 17:33:05 EDT 2014

--------
In message <53F268CF.80000 at leikhim.com>, Joe Leikhim writes:

>My point is that, all of the discussion I have read ignores the
>possibility that [...]

The major point being ignored is that the terminal in the plane
does a signon after approx 45-60 minutes (can't remember exact
duration -- it's in the data released.)

That means that the terminal was powered on.

That implies it was previously powered off.

The terminal doesn't power on by it's on, somebody is in the
plane at that point, messing with circuit breakers.

The hopeful interpretation is that somebody in the cockpit
is heroically fighting to reconfigure the plane so he can
call mayday and/or gain control.

The conspiratorical interpretation is that in the time interval
between the previous ping and the sign on, there plenty of time to
land the plane at some marginally suitable strip, do what what you
came for, take off, reconfigure the plane and autopilot and leave by
parachute via the back door.

The quick detour into the extreme high corner of the planes
envelope which seems perfectly designed to incapacitate the
passengers makes me lean towards the latter.