[time-nuts] Ublox neo-7M GPS

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Aug 21 07:25:06 EDT 2014

From: Tony

As I said, I measured the pulses at either 104ns (9.6MHz), with some
being shorter at 84ns. I've just repeated the measurements on a Reyax
RYN25AI (UBLOX MAX-7C) with the same results. Actually the scope
measures the longer pulses at either 104.3ns or 105.2ns and the shorter
pulses at 82.89ns or 83.82ns. Since it is a 1GS/s scope, the differences
are almost certainly just the scope sampling uncertainties rather than
actual jitter in the clock.
[]

Tony, any chance you could do a quick measurement at 8 MHz - I think that
should be a more constant period.  That's if I understood the data sheet
correctly, and what applied to earlier models applies also to the ublox 7!

Thanks,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk