[time-nuts] EFC info on Trimble 34310-T OXCO

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Fri Aug 22 14:52:02 EDT 2014

I've been using one for over a year.  They take 12V to power, and they have a VRef output around +6.25V, which implies an EFC range of 0-6V.  Unless you get one that's aged out, an EFC range of 0-5V should be fine.  The VRef has a bit of 10MHz on it on mine.  All in all, it seems to be a good OCXO, though I don't have the equipment to do a real careful test on it.

However, I wonder if you'd really get anything from subbing in an Rb, other than the fun of doing it?  Don't Rb standards usually just have a DDS output?  If so, wouldn't that be a step backwards?

Bob - AE6RV