[time-nuts] LEA-6T Software.

Dan Kemppainen dan at irtelemetrics.com
Mon Aug 25 10:48:51 EDT 2014

Hi All,

Just purchased a LEA-6T based board to play with (It's a Synergy Systems
SSR-6Tru). The Ublox web site has some documentation regarding the setup
of these units. In the documentation are some screenshots of what
appears to be a utility for configuration. I haven't seen it on the
Ublox web site yet. Do any of you know what that software might be, and
where one would get it?

The unit is a few weeks out on delivery, so wanted to see what I could
to to prepare for it's delivery. What other utilities and software are
available what would pair with these units? FYI, I run windows based
software.

Also, I have a low cost antenna coming. It's one of the Synergy systems
puck type amplified antennas. I remember some time back a bit of chatter
about improving GPS antennas for timing, by providing some sort of guard
ring or choke to prevent low angle reception. Are there any good links
anyone could provide on what may be worth building or playing with. Keep
in mind, I live in snow country (~300 inches/year) so a something that
gathers a lot of snow could be undesirable! :)

Thanks,
Dan