[time-nuts] Practical Survey-In Accuracy?

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 21:08:05 EDT 2014

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 6:30 AM, Bob Stewart <bob at evoria.net> wrote:
> Hi Attila,
>

> Is wood, nails, and asphalt shingle really that big of a problem at these frequencies?  The antenna is within 2 ft of the highest point of the roof.

Depends on what you call a "problem".  If you are getting a usable
signal then some people would not call it a problem.  When I moved my
GPS antenna from user the roof to a pole mounted above the roof the
signal improved greatly.  The most notable improvements was the signal
to noise ration of satellites near the horizon.

> Bob

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California