[time-nuts] Need help with transformer core

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Aug 29 18:32:21 EDT 2014

cdelect at juno.com said:
> The Dc to Dc is running at 22Khz and maybe 20 Watts.
> Can't find any info that would allow me to decide on a proper substitute.
> Anybody out there have any data on this?

National Semiconductor had a few app-notes that were cookbooks for using
their chips to build DC-DC converters.  They included part numbers.  They
probably have something similar to what you are trying to build.

The basic idea is that you don't want the core to saturate.  You should be
able to figure out the current and use that to look in your favorite vendor's
catalog.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.