[time-nuts] 5061A SN1816A01444 lives again

Bob Bownes bownes at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 16:32:42 EDT 2014

Yes, Virginia, there are still a few bargains to be had in the world.

After hacking together a power cord, letting it warm up for an hour or so,
and going through the long power off procedure from the manual, the latest
addition to my test equipment collection came to life.

It arrived the other day in a large, well packed box, foamed in place,
marked 'FRAGILE' and 'HEAVY', I was pretty excited to get it down into the
lab and get it powered up. Following the directions in the manual, I let it
warm up, did the proper adjustments, clicked START, counted to 30, hit
'Reset', and was rewarded with a bright green Continuous Operation lamp.

FYI, I paid a grand sum of $250 plus $70 for Fed-Ex shipping for a pretty
nice Cc standard. This is the 5061 I've been waiting for. Well, I would
like the optional LED clock, but I'll live. :)

It now goes into the collection along with the Rubidium standard and the HP
3801 GPSDO.