[time-nuts] Lucent KS-24361 15 Mhz and 10 Mhz

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 19:54:51 EST 2014

Bob
I really have the board setup now for digging in. You are right the 10 Mhz
going into the 74act14 pin 1 is dirty. By this I mean transistors 208 and
209 that amplify the 10 Mhz are over driven and thats intended. The second
harmonic is only 20 db down. The actual 5 to 10 Mhz is Q202. Following the
collector, goes through a number of filters. At the top of the filter a
inductor 150J and another R22J goes to a small coupling cap and ultimately
to Q209.

To the side of the coupling cap away from Q209 the 10 Mhz signal is 500mv
pp and the other signals are 39 db down. That looks like an interesting
point to work with.

As sugested it would be good to leverage the output amplifier of the unit
and that seems like a pretty reasonable thing to look at. Plus there would
be no need to drill another hole for a connector.
Need to figure out how to snitch a bit of the 10 Mhz signal and then buffer
and isolate it.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL