[time-nuts] Lucent KS-24361 RS-422 interface pinout

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Dec 1 22:29:50 EST 2014

> 4 	RX+
> 8	RX-

Looks good.

> 5	TX+
> 6	TX-

I think there is a typo in there.  That should be pins 5 and 9.
I'm using pins 9, 8, and 7 as per Stewart's message that started this
discussion.

> 3 and 7 	ground

Pins 1, 2, and 6 seem not-connected.  (That's using a scope without a ground
clip.  I see slight fuzz on pins 3 and 7, nothing on 1, 2 and 6.)

The above is on J8, Diagnoistic.

--------

J6, RS422/PPS has the same (5, 9) TX pins.  If you shift the cable over there
it gets a line each second.  This can be handy for checking that direction of
your setup.

Pins 1 and 6 are the PPS pulse.  400 microseconds wide.  It's not active on
my box that's in STBY.

Pins 4 and 8 look like inputs.  Does anybody know what you can send in there?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.