[time-nuts] Lucent KS-24361 10 Mhz out success.

Gerhard Hoffmann dk4xp at arcor.de
Wed Dec 3 19:33:02 EST 2014

Am 04.12.2014 um 00:04 schrieb paul swed:
> Have successfully tapped into the clean 10 MHz of the the Lucent and using
> a EL2020 50 Mhz current opamp have a very nice 10 Mhz sine wave out. Any
> spurs are down at least 43 db. Close in at 4Khz total span or 500 Hz/div I
> don't see anything down to at least 65 db. Thats the best detail the HP
> 8568B will allow.

Congrats!

Can't help to ask some questions:
The MTI-260, is that a CMOS level or a sine output version on 5 MHz?
Where I'm right now, I have the Lucent pair, one of them dismantled,
but no power supply & no scope, that has to wait until the weekend.

I'd like to make a small board that directly takes the 5 MHz from the
Osc, buffers it, doubles it with the NIST FET doubler and provides 4 SMA
+12dBm outputs at 10 MHz via 4*AD8009 or LMH6702.
There is enough free space on the front plate.
I'd like to hear that the osc delivers a sine, since that makes
doubling easier.

BTW I have another 10 MHz MTI-260 and did measure phase noise with
an E5052B. That was not so funny. Probably it's orientiented towards
long term stability at the cost of noise with absolutely minimum crystal
dissipation. I'd like to repeat the measurement under better controlled
environmental conditions b4 I tell numbers.
But it seems that Morion rulez, noise-wise.

regards, Gerhard