[time-nuts] FYI: Galileo satellite recovered and transmitting navigation signals

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Dec 6 02:02:50 EST 2014

From: Hal Murray

I've seen lots of comments about units that will use other than GPS
satellites, but I don't think I've seen any actual output from one of them.
Is that just a gap in my toy collection or has reality not caught up with
the
marketing hype?  (Or perhaps I just haven't looked in the right place/time.)
[]
===================================

Hal,

The GLONASS satellites show on my Moto-G phone with the GPS Status program.
They have numbers from 64 upwards.  As yet I have not looked for or seen any
Galileo satellites.  Some recent u-blox units should see GLONASS but I don't
think my LTE-Lite has a way of setting that (please tell me I'm wrong) and
the recently mentioned Reyax module should also be able to do this:

  http://www.reyax.com/Module/GPS/RY825AI/RY825AI.pdf

I've yet to power mine up.

Cheers,
David