[time-nuts] Did a member of time-nuts buy this?

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 16:10:27 EST 2014

David
I picked my unit up for $125 at a Hamfesyt and the tube was absolutely bad
as it turned out. But then what do you expect for the $. That said another
time nut gave me his dead tube from a 5060. I spent a good deal of time
getting it adapted into the 5061 now name Frankenstein. This included a new
oven controller.
But it was all about learning and boy did I. Still nothing like some of the
folks on Time nuts truly they have the expertise and feel for the beasts.

But the fumes were enough for me to get an actual feel for a CS reference
and why they were always left on. Also it drove home a lot of the physics
and math.
Now for $125, thats a pretty good education.
Good luck and may the CS fumes be with you.

Regards
Paul
WB8TSL/1