[time-nuts] Did a member of time-nuts buy this?

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Sun Dec 7 18:15:13 EST 2014

On 7 Dec 2014 18:59, "Bob Camp" <kb8tq at n1k.org> wrote:

> > There is always
> >
> > http://www.geo-ship.com/
> >
> > which searches all eBay sites except those that use obscure characters
> > like China.

> Right, but now you need to put in every possible spelling of anything
that might reference to what you could be looking for in all the possible
languages, Next you sort through a few thousand hits a day…

> Consider:
>
> You are looking for a GPSDO. The guy on the other end calls it a
“frequency tamer” and never mentions GPS or OCXO’s. He only talks about the
part numbers used in the device. If you are lucky he does it in English. If
you want all the possible hits, the words *might* not be next to each other.

> Lots of fun.
>
> Bob

Bob,

I think you are making it out to be much more difficult than it is.

First you say one has to search every eBay site. When I show that is not
true, you now say one needs to search every possible mis spelling of
anything of interest.

I am sure we could all find lots of GPSDO's. Finding them on eBay is the
easy bit. Deciding on which to buy is somewhat harder.

Anyway,  I might buy a Cs standard for a bit of fun, but I will not buy one
with the intention of actually using it as a serious frequency standard.

Dave.