[time-nuts] 10MHz LTE-Lite - PPS accuracy?

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Dec 8 07:38:21 EST 2014

Hi

On *most* GPSDO’s, the simple answer is “there is a cable delay adjustment to align it”. Without some sort of reliable representation of UTC (at the ns level) it’s tough to measure. If you happen to live at USNO or NIST, you can access that sort of timing. For the rest of us - not so easy. The NIST two way GPS “modem” setup is about the only practical method that I know of.

The PPS out of any GPSDO will be much lower jitter than the pps from a normal GPS module.

Bob