[time-nuts] Linear voltage regulator hints...

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Mon Dec 8 22:32:19 EST 2014

On 12/8/2014 4:53 PM, Bert Kehren via time-nuts wrote:
> We solved that problem by attaching the regulators to the FRK back plate
> which is with fan control is kept within 0.01C. We did not do it for that
> purpose but found that we needed some more heat in order to keep the fan in an
>   optimum fan speed. Rb, OCXO and Fan power transistor are on the back
> plate.  Works for us.
> Bert Kehren

When I designed the E1938A, I chose a reasonable looking voltage
reference IC and put it inside the oven.  I figured that was
the end of it as far as tempco was concerned.  It was, but it
turned out that the *noise* of the reference was unacceptable
and of course the oven does nothing to fix that.  I had to
switch to a lower noise reference.

Rick Karlquist N6RK