[time-nuts] Linear voltage regulator hints...

Didier Juges shalimr9 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 16:46:44 EST 2014

Voltage References are usually not able to deliver much more than a few 10mA.

Having a stable reference means no big temperature gradient on the die, so that precludes a big pass transistor.

Most likely, you will have to roll your own.

Using TL431 types of shunt regulator with a single bipolar transistor yields a simple and high performing regulator (at least much higher than most 3 terminal series regulators) particularly if you use the Linear Tech equivalent part (forgot the part number at the moment, but look for shunt regulators)

Didier KO4BB

--
Sent from my Motorola Droid Razr HD 4G LTE wireless tracker while I do other things.