[time-nuts] Beaglebone NTP server

xaos xaos at darksmile.net
Wed Dec 10 17:46:49 EST 2014

Brian,

Sorry about the long post.

I was on a similar path recently. I wanted to create
a nice and simple Stratum 1 server using a beagleboard.
In addition, I wanted to create a nice case for it
so I would enjoy looking at it from my desk.

Since I was already using a GPS Motorola receiver to
create a Linux NTP server, I was pretty sure I had most of
the parts.

Since The Beagleboard is using systemd I figured I would
start by creating a CentOS 7 Stratum 1 machine so I can
figure out all the systemd pieces.

I finished this 5 days ago.

Next, using Cadence Allegro (OrCAD) I designed a
proto cape for the Beagleboard.

This is also done. I figure I will use the proto cape
as a prototype board and also get familiar with
all the pins on the Beagleboard I/O headers.

This is also done (mostly) as of yesterday.

Actually, I was in the middle of documenting this
when this thread caught my eye.

You and everyone on this list are welcome
to the Cadence Project and all the files.
You can use this basic project to design any cape
for the Beagleboard. I am releasing it as free.
Just mention my company: Maxima Physics.

I will finish the documentation for CentOS 7 + NTP
server over the next few days. I have also been fighting
a nasty flu :(

Comments are most welcome.

-George Hrysanthopoulos