[time-nuts] Linear voltage regulator hints...

dan at irtelemetrics.com dan at irtelemetrics.com
Thu Dec 11 07:13:14 EST 2014

     Yeah, I suffer from time-nuts digest lag, family lag, day job lag,
among other things. So please excuse delayed responses...

  The oscillator has proven to be relatively immune to 'reasonable'
changes in voltage, as would be expected. About the range of Numbers
Bob Camp has suggested, or maybe even better. The EFC voltage is not an
issue at this point. It was previously, and the solution to that was a
low drift 'roll your own' design.

  It would be nice to replace it with a COTS part, but it looks like
there aren't any available. Thus the reason for pinging the list.
Sometimes you all pull things out of thin air... ;)  That said, the
LT3081 looks interesting. At the very least it's easily controllable
from an external source. I've got a few on order, and if it pans out
I'll report back here.

  What I'm after right now is in reality small. Temp cycles are
somewhat apparent from looking at what the EFC voltage is doing locked
with the GPSDO. It's on the order 10^-12 range, if I did my math right.
It is visible, so it may be worth trying to fix. Of course, now that
Bob has his new CS to play with anything I do is judged by a completely
different standard!  ;)

  Again, thanks for the responses!

  Dan