[time-nuts] Linear voltage regulator hints...

Neil Schroeder gigneil at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 18:26:02 EST 2014

So I've done a lot of work in power lately and I can summarize some of this
quickly:

The lowest noise LDOs today are the TI TPSa4700/01 up to 36v/1a and about 4
uVRms noise,  and the ADP7154/55 up to 5.5v and 600ma with only *0.9* uVRms
above 100hz.

Both feature great PSRR -and in the case of the ADI part don't even
recommend filter caps at all.

The TI however does still recommend some capacitance.

Now most people's next question  is how to get their ruby or their
septuple-oven homebrew design powered by one. The quick answer is an error
amplifier based ldo balancer for the most accurate distribution of current.
Also helps with heat.

Will share a sketch when at my desk next.