[time-nuts] Beaglebone NTP server

Gerhard Hoffmann dk4xp at arcor.de
Fri Dec 12 02:45:54 EST 2014

Am 11.12.2014 um 22:23 schrieb Hal Murray:
> It's not uncommon to archive the PC that has all the tools when a
> significant hardware project is released. Just put a big note on it
> and push it into a closet in case you ever need it again. (Setting up
> CAD tools is often quirky and hard to debug.) Again, this needs
> documentation. Suppose you want to make a simple one line change to
> fix a typo. What do you do to turn the crank and make the files you
> hand off to the next step?

I must have been quite a bugger in an earlier incarnation, so in this
life I'm
condemned to finalize some space bound original Xilinx Virtex FPGAs that
have been conceived a looong time ago.

That ISE10.1 software seems to store state deep in its dungeons like paths
to libraries on servers or signal names that pop up after being removed a
long time. ISE should be forbidden.

I now keep everything I need for a chip in a virtual XP machine, and
nothing else, and save the entire machine in regular intervalls.
There fit a lot of 50G machines on a 3 TByte external disk.
VMware is my friend.

regards, Gerhard