[time-nuts] Homebrew frequency counter, need help

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Dec 12 08:18:18 EST 2014

HI

> On Dec 12, 2014, at 4:04 AM, Tom Van Baak <tvb at LeapSecond.com> wrote:
>
> This large posting is from Li Ang.
> /tvb

Very nice looking. I hope it works !!!

>   TPS79333 as the LDO for TDC. Better PSRR and noise spec than before (XC6206). Analog and digital parts have their dedicated LDO.
>

>   While I'm waiting the the new board. I did a test with PRS10 & FE5650 with current board. It's strange that the 20s adev of "without linear regression" is better than "with linear regression”

Be careful pre-processing ADEV data. There are a variety of statistical “traps” you can fall into. An overly simple explanation is that ADEV looks at noise and that most pre-processing is a filter. Filters take out noise. Finding one that only takes out the “bad noise” and keeps the “good noise” can be quite difficult.

What exactly are you doing in your linear regression computation?

Bob