[time-nuts] Which First GPSDO to buy?

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 11:57:52 EST 2014

one other option if just using this for a lab reference is to build one.
You'd need a working GPS receive and almost any OCXO.  Then the extra parts
are under $10. and it's simple enough that you don't need a circuit printed
board.  Years ago a GPSDO controller was a complex beast using many ICs but
today it's less work.

If you want a turn-key solution then you can buy a 10MHz unit on eBay for
10X higher cost but less work. Check seller feedback and be sure the seller
specifies the GPSDO works and is not "as is" or "untested".  Then if you
have a problem you can file a "not as described" claim with eBay.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California