[time-nuts] 58503a and Yixunhk

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Sun Dec 14 03:07:35 EST 2014

On 14 Dec 2014 02:12, "Adrian" <rfnuts at arcor.de> wrote:

> Same here. I have a Z3805A from this vendor that works flawlessly, and I
> know of other people that purchased from him without any problems.
>
> To call it a cam when a HP unit comes with a remanufactured box is quite
> a harsh statement, IMHO.
>
> I'm glad they are putting those ugly units into a neat and practical box
> that is made with attention to every detail.
>
> Adrian

If the boxes had  "Yixun Electronics" or similar printed on the rear I
would not have a problem with him putting the electronics in new boxes,.
But clearly there is an attempt to deceive people when it says "Hewlett
Packard" on the front & rear.

The "attention to detail" is superficial. Someone who formally worked at HP
has sent me a list of about 5 things wrong with the rear panel. I am not
going to disclose them all here as I realise someone from Yixenhk could
read this list. All I would achieve is help them make more realistic fakes.

I have also noticed that the IEC socket is placed in a location about 3 mm
outside the space on the fake panel.

There is a serial number sticker which previously covered up a warning.
That has since fallen off. It is also printed Hewlett Packard.

It is doubtful the ventilation slots are adequate - someone sent me an
email saying his similar HP model had much slots for ventilation.

This seller has a number of HP GPSDOs ranging in price from $180 to $799.
Some are marked "Samsung".

I bought the $799 one believing I would get an unmodified HP unit, but
instead I have an expensive fake.

I would be quite happy to buy a Ferrari replica - in fact I helped a friend
build one on a Voltzwagen Beatle chassis.  But I would not be happy if I
bought an expensive car that was sold as a Ferrari,  but which I layer
found out was a Voltzwagen.

Dave.