[time-nuts] GPS position averaging

Dave Daniel kc0wjn at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 05:36:41 EST 2014

I am new to this list and to this topic, but it seems to me that if one
wants to come up with an average of a set of spatial measurements, one
would use distance as the parameter to be averaged. The distance would
presumably be that from a fixed spatial reference point (0,0,0). One
would then take the square root of the sum of the squares of latitude,
longitude and height. My problem with this is that I can't see what one
would use for the reference point, but maybe that is not important (or
maybe it is!).

DaveD