[time-nuts] GPS position averaging

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 06:43:01 EST 2014

I would recommend determining your terrain's elevation using a topo map and
estimating or measuring antennas height above ground. And then excluding
survey results with wacko altitudes before averaging.

While we often set the elevation angle mask high for timing purposes, for
survey purposes especially altitude it will likely be best to do survey
with no or very low (10 degree default?) elevation mask. The Z3801A manual
tells how to set elevation mask for at least some of your units.

Tim N3QE