[time-nuts] Choke Rings and Points North

Dave M dgminala at mediacombb.net
Mon Dec 15 20:46:38 EST 2014

With all the discussion about surveys & position accuracy, I have a question
about my choke ring antenna.  There is an arrow marked "N" on the underside
of the rings.  How accurately does the alignment need to be to "N"orth?
True north or magnetic north (my thinking says True North)?

Does the directional accuracy affect the precision survey?  I'm assuming
that it would have no effect on the accuracy of the 10 MHz frequency output.
Or am I completely off base?

Dave M